Boiler problems arise when you least expect them and if your home is without heating and/or hot water the last thing you need is an inexperienced guy showing up that can barely speak English let alone change your Diverter Valve!
Our Gas Safe engineers are ahead of the curve when it comes to the latest fault-finding techniques and are equipped with the latest technology to get you back up and running as quickly as possible. There is no substitute for experience and our guys have seen it all. Not only will we fix your problem we will make sure you understand what caused the issue and what can be done to prevent it reoccurring. We aim to be at your door within one hour of you calling us and between November 2019 and March 2020 our average response time was 47 minutes!
We highly recommend that you service your boiler annually and detailed below are a few of the reasons why:
A boiler service gives the engineer the opportunity to identify safety issues such as a carbon monoxide leak. Carbon monoxide is an odourless and colourless gas which can quickly cause brain damage and, in some cases, death. If you’re concerned that your boiler may not be working correctly, for example the flame is orange rather than blue, you should get in touch, even if your annual service is not yet due.
Keep Heating Bills Low
As a boiler ages it can become less efficient which means it needs to use more fuel to heat your home which will cost you more money. An annual service will ensure all the components are in the best possible condition and deliver a higher level of efficiency for longer.
It could be easy to put off getting your boiler serviced in the hope of saving yourself a bit of money, but in the long run, a boiler service will help keep your energy bills down and also spot a potential fault before it happens, saving you from a boiler breakdown and a hefty repair bill.
Your boiler will usually include a manufacturer’s warranty of up to ten years which means any faults that develop in that time will be repaired free of charge. However, this warranty is only valid as long as you get the boiler serviced by a Gas Safe engineer every year.
What to expect from your Boiler Service
Before we list what happens during a service, we must remind you that all of our engineers are Gas Safe Registered and fully qualified to carry out the Service. For your own peace of mind you can always ask the engineer to see his Gas Safe ID Card, his qualifications are clearly shown on the back.
- Visual inspection – your engineer will check that the boiler still meets current standards and requirements and look for any corrosion or leaks. They will also visually check the flame in your boiler.
- Removal of the Boiler Casing – they will then check the components to ensure everything is working correctly and then clean the inside of the boiler. These checks should include the heat exchanger, burner, main injector and spark probe.
- Flue Check – the engineer will ensure there are no obstructions in the flue terminals and that the flue is safely fitted.
- Gas Pressure Check – this will ensure your boiler is working at the correct pressure.
- Boiler Fired Up – this allows the engineer to check for any working faults.